Sunday, April 24, 2011

213 - Lonely Girl (2004) sampled Bohannon - It's Time for Peace (1972)

Artist:  213
Song:  Lonely Girl
Year:  2004
Album:  The Hard Way



I'm posting this to pay respect to the recently fallen Nate Dogg.  He had the golden voice.  R.I.P.  In 1993 and 1994 when I was listening to Snoop Doggy Dogg "Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)", this 213 album was what I wanted.  Better late than never, it's a must-have for G-Funk aficionados.




Artist:  Bohannon
Song:  It's Time for Peace
Year:  1972
Album:  Stop & Go



Ultramagnetic MC's Kool Keith said in "Checkin My Style" that "I don't NEED Bohannon".  I figured it to be a compliment and then discovered Hamilton Bohannon's catalog.  All the samples occur during the first 8 seconds.  The 213 intro pieces together the samples at the 0:02, 0:04 and 0:06 marks.  The rest of the song uses the first eight seconds for bars 1-3 and repeats the section from 0:06-0:08 for bar 4.  Of course, 213 added the essential G-Funk elements to the production.

1 comment:

  1. This song was also sampled by:

    80 Blocks From Tiffany's "Sky High (Trackstar Blend)

    Pete Rock "Flying"

    ReplyDelete