Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Moon - I Got Cha Opin (1993) sampled Ten Wheel Drive With Genya Ravan - Come Live With Me (1970)

Artist:  Black Moon
Song:  I Got Cha Opin
Year:  1993
Album:  Enta Da Stage



"All We Do Is Spark Mad Izm" takes me back to how 1993 felt.  I like how this song sounds like a smoky jazz lounge.




Artist:  Flipmode Squad
Song:  We Got U Opin (Part 2) Featuring Buckshot
Year:  1998
Album:  The Imperial



I appreciate Busta Rhymes more now than I did back then because he put way more effort than most Emcees into how the lyrics were delivered.  This version is more polished than Black Moon's.




Artist:  Ten Wheel Drive With Genya Ravan
Song:  Come Live With Me
Year:  1970
Album:  Brief Replies



There are many artists who have recorded a good song with "Come Live With Me" in the title:  Isaac Hayes, Dorothy Ashby and Marvin Gaye to name a few.  Here is one more with the sample located at 1:54.

No comments:

Post a Comment