Saturday, July 11, 2015

Nas-T Howie - Attic (Original Mix) (1996) sampled Ohio Players - Alone (1975)

Artist:  Nas-T Howie
Song:  Attic (Original Mix)
Year:  1996
Album:  Attic 12-inch Single



Toronto classic.  The only copy of this I have is on an old cassette, so I grabbed this from an online mixtape.




Artist:  Devin The Dude
Song:  Don't Wanna Be Alone
Year:  2007
Album:  Waitin' To Inhale



I should have figured that Devin would sound perfect on the same music.




Artist:  Bahamadia
Song:  Interlude
Year:  1996
Album:  Kollage



DJ Premier produced this track.  Gang Starr liked this Ohio Players album because other songs were sampled for Group Home "So Called Friends" and Gang Starr "Doe In Advance".  Guru Rest In Peace!




Artist:  Ohio Players
Song:  Alone
Year:  1975
Album:  Honey



When I was young and saw my first Ohio Players album, I knew it was going to be good.

Nas-T Howie used the sample from 0:05 to 0:12.

Devin The Dude used the 4-bar loop at 0:15 and also the 4-bar loop at 1:30.

Bahamadia used the 1-bar loop from 3:37.

No comments:

Post a Comment