Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Fab 5 - Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka Part 2 (Radio) (1996) sampled Catalyst - Uzuri (1973)

Artist:  The Fab 5 (Heltah Skeltah & Originoo Gunn Clappaz)
Song:  Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka Part 2 (Radio)
Year:  1996
Album:  Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka b/w Lettha Brainz Blo 12-inch Single



I want to remind the world and myself that Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka had a Part 2. This song uses the featured sample only in a few places (0:19, 1:37, 2:18, 3:21 and 4:05).




Artist:  The Fab 5 (Heltah Skeltah & Originoo Gunn Clappaz)
Song:   Leflah
Year:   1995
Album:  Blah b/w Leflah 12-inch Single



This song was released as "Leflah" on a 12-inch single and was later released as "Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka" on Heltah Skeltah's "Nocturnal" LP.




Artist:  Bahamadia
Song:   Spontaneity
Year:   1996
Album:  Kollage



Bahamadia also rhymed over this sample.




Artist:  Catalyst
Song:  Uzuri
Year:  1973
Album:  Perception



This is the type of song that reminds me why I love jazz.  As the main sample, Leflah used the 2-bar loop that starts at 0:11 and occasionally you can hear the noise from 0:00 (0:52 or 1:34 in Leflah).  Leflaur Leflah Eshkoska Part 2 (Radio) uses the second half of the 0:11 sample in a few places and then uses the whole sample towards the end of the song.  Bahamadia's verses also use the sample from 0:11 but between the verses you hear the two-bar loop that starts at 0:00.

3 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about Eshkoshka Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever you are, you are my hero. I've been looking for Eshkoshka Part 2 since about 1999 (when I lost the tape I had it on). The Bahamadia song is bangin, and the original song is beautiful. I just bought these tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it. I'm still chasing down obscure songs from the past 30 years in Hip Hop. Keep checking this blog for more rarities and their samples, it don't stop.

    ReplyDelete